CCSEP 2018 Memorial Tree Planting
a restoration, reforestation, and memorial project
PLANT A TREE in Elysian Park in memory of a loved one, to celebrate an event, or to support the environment. Always a moving ceremony.
This year’s tree planting is dedicated to RESTORING the historical Elysian Park WWI Memorial Grove, REMEMBERING and honoring veterans and loved ones, REFORESTING Elysian Park.
- DATE: Sunday, November 11, 2018 – Armistice Day, 100th Anniversary of the end of World War I
- TIME: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- SPEAKER: Courtland Jindra, California World War I Centennial Task Force Co-Director and amateur historian. After the speaker, those planting a tree will be invited to share their thoughts.
- LOCATION: Victory Memorial Grove, Elysian Park Drive, LA 90026; parking along Elysian Park Drive
- POTLUCK LUNCH at the conclusion of the ceremony. Please bring a dish to share; drinks will be provided.
HOW TO RESERVE A TREE
Holly Oak, Elysian Park WWI Monument
Reserve early. Availability is limited and not all requests can be honored.
TREE SPECIES: Holly Oak (Quercus ilex) pictured
COST: $225 – SOLD OUT!
TO RESERVE: SOLD OUT!
Note: Trees planted in Elysian Park are subject to unpredictable environmental conditions, vandalism and theft, and cannot be guaranteed.
SPONSORED JOINTLY by CCSEP and LA Department of Recreation and Parks